Transfer Diary: OM breaks the piggy bank, Cancelo is Bayern, Ziyech is Paris, Skriniar is still Milan, Moffi is Niois …
OM is breaking the bank for strikers, Cancelo is ready for Bayern, Ziyech is getting close to PSG, Skriniar is away from him this winter, Nice is holding his new centre-forward, Jorginho is on his way to Arsenal, Rennes will receive 25 million euro euros… These are the top 5 of today’s big file transfer windows that are not to be missed. Discover also Foot Transfer Telegram, so you don’t miss any news from these 24 hours.
Striker Vitinha should sign OM
During this winter transfer window, clubs will look to perfect their squads for the second half of the season. From Monday to Saturday at 6pm, Maxifoot offers you every day the best, largest transfer window files and a summary of the main information of the last 24 hours, with official transfers and rumors deserving special attention.
In one click you have most of what you need to know about transfer windows! To see all the information classified by date or club, open the Maxifoot transfer window table.
TOP 10 files of the day that can’t be missed
1. OM broke the bank for striker Vitinha
Olympique de Marseille has found its new centre-forward. As announced by multiple sources on Tuesday, Braga striker Vitinha must sign for the Marseille club before midnight. The Portuguese, author of 7 goals and 3 assists in 17 league games this season, is giving his preference to OM despite interest from Southampton and Brighton. He departed in the afternoon for Provence to pass a medical and sign a four-and-a-half year contract. The transfer should cost 32 million euros.
2. Cancelo is ready for Bayern
The surprise transfer from the end of the winter transfer window is now official: Joao Cancelo (28) left Manchester City to join Bayern Munich. The German club made official this Tuesday a loan until the end of the season from the Portuguese side. The purchase option, which amounts to around 70 million euros, is attached to the contract.
3. Ziyech is getting closer to PSG…
In search of a reinforcement in attack to offset the departure of Pablo Sarabia from Wolverhampton, Paris Saint-Germain have set their sights on Hakim Ziyech in the final straight line of this winter transfer window. And the Morocco international has opted to play for defending champions France. While the Paris leaders are negotiating a loan with their Chelsea counterparts, the former Ajax Amsterdam man arrived in Paris on Monday evening for a medical this morning. He is now awaiting an agreement between the two clubs to sign for the French capital.
4. …Skriniar stay away from him this winter!
Paris Saint-Germain may have to wait a few months to sign Milan Skriniar. In recent days, Inter Milan were prepared to accept a 20 million euro offer to let the Slovakia international go, but the Nerazzurri were unable to find a replacement and decided to keep him until the end of the season. Paris SG, which is ready to deposit €15 million, will still try its luck until midnight, but the optimism has faded in the ranks of Paris. As a reminder, Skriniar has an agreement with Paris and will be able to sign for free next July.
5. Nice retains its new centre-forward
As expected, it’s official: striker Terem Moffi (23) is leaving Lorient for Nice. Club Azuren formalized the arrival of the Nigeria international on Tuesday on loan with a mandatory purchase option. An operation that will bring Hakes 25 million euros (+ 5 million € bonus).
6. Jorginho is on his way to Arsenal
Arsenal have found their stronghold in midfield. As mentioned on Tuesday, the Gunners have turned on a track in the last few hours that has left Jorginho facing a tricky Moises Caicedo (Brighton). And discussions with Chelsea have progressed at breakneck speed since journalist Fabrizio Romano announced an agreement between the two clubs for the €13.5m transfer of the Italy international! For his part, the player has agreed with the Premier League leaders for a contract until 2024 (plus an optional year).
7. Sulemana will bring 25 Million € Rennes
Barring a twist, Kalmadeen Sulemana will leave Stade Rennais in the next few hours. Indeed, L’Equipe announced on Tuesday that the Breton club had accepted the €25 million bid made by Everton and Southampton for the Ghana winger, who arrived in Brittany in July 2021 from Nordsjaelland (D1 Denmark) for €15 million. Now it’s up to the player to decide.
8. Amin Sarr strengthened the OL attack
As expected, Amin Sarr (21) has joined Olympique Lyonnais. The striker signed from Heerenveen has officially joined the Rhone club until 2027. As usual, OL revealed the details of his operation in the press release, where we learn that he This is an 11 million € transfer, plus 1 million € in bonuses and 10% of the possible capital gains.
9. Thauvin returned to Europe
Florian Thauvin (30) returns to Europe. The French winger signed a contract on Tuesday with Udinese until 2025. The 2018 champions have been playing since the summer of 2021 in Mexico with the Tigers. An experience that has been cut short since the Mexican club, due to his performances, decided to terminate the former Marseillais’ contract this winter. He now has the chance to relaunch with his 7th currently in Serie A.
10. Boufal flies to… Qatar
While we expected a more ambitious team departure, Sofiane Boufal (29) opted to go into exile. The Angers winger will join Al-Rayyan (Qatar) who has reached an agreement in principle with SCO for his transfer. An unexpected goal for the Morocco international following his outstanding form at the 2022 World Cup.
Telegram Foot Transfer – updated on Tuesday January 31st at 6pm.
– OM lent their quarterback Pope Gueye at FC Sville.
– Central Lyon, Jeff Reine-Adladeready for Troyes.
– Brest acquire striker loan Albert Elis (Bordeaux).
– Loan Lorient, centre-back Chrislain Mathima back to Monaco.
– Lorient signed midfielder Udinese, Jean-Victor Makengo.
– Reims striker, Nathanal Mbukujoin Augsburg.
– Metz lends his striker Ibrahima Nia Anger.
– Central Bristol, Han Noah Massengoready for Auxerre.
– Lille has extended its goalkeeper Lucas Chevalier until 2027.
– Middle Naatan Skytt on loan from Toulouse Odense Boldklub.
– Monaco lends its midfielder Flix Lemarchal Brest.
– Gennaro Gattuso is no longer the coach of FC Valence.
TOP hallway sounds that can’t be missed:
– OM discussed for Bayer Leverkusen striker, Sardar Azmun.
– Middle of Ajax, Florian Grillitschrejected an approach from Lyon.
– Striker Moussa Dembl refused to discuss with Southampton.
– Lyon cancels striker transfer Wilson Isidor (Lokomotiv Moscow).
– Good negotiations with Chelsea for winger loan David Datro Fofana.
– Nice is also thinking about the Lille attacking midfielder, Jonathan Bamba.
– Monaco rejected a €10 million offer from Rennes for their attacking midfielder Maghnes Akliouche.
– Rennes are waiting for Tottenham’s right side, Djed Spenceon loan until the end of the season.
– Nottingham Forest thinks of the PSG keeper Sergio Rico in case of failure with a teammate Keylor Navas.
– OM should lend their wingers Konrad de la Fuente Hull City after an unsuccessful first half of the season on loan at Olympiakos.
– Nice thinking about Wolfsburg’s left flank, Paul Otavio.
– Bara can sign the Bayern defender, Benjamin Pavard.
– Fiorentina rejected a loan offer with an option to buy (€37 million) from Bara for the midfielder Sofyan Amrabat.
– Center signature isco Union Berlin has a hood due to financial differences.
– Manchester United could sign midfielder from Bayern, Marcel Sabitzer.
– Le Bara made a bid to the Los Angeles Galaxy for a right-back Julian Araujo.
+ LIGUE 1 club transfer window tables
+ EUROPEAN transfer window table (Eng, Spain, Italy, Germany)
See you tonight at midnight for a special issue of the Journal des Transferts. Meanwhile, don’t forget to consult today’s brief, a complement to JdT!