to approve the delivery of the Leopard tanks to kyiv, Germany said it was waiting for a formal request from Poland
Cover image: WOJTEK RADWANSKI / AFP
- If Poland decides to send Leopard tanks to Ukraine without German permission, Berlin will have no objections. announced on Sunday 22 January the head of German diplomacy, Annalena Baerbock, at a interviews were provided to LCI. “I understand how important these tanks are, we are fully aware of that”added M.I Baerbock, who recently visited Kharkiv, in northeastern Ukraine.
Poland and Finland have offered to ship the Leopards in their possession, but they need official approval from Berlin for re-export.
- Germany also said it was waiting for a formal request from Poland. “For now, the question hasn’t been asked, but if we were asked, we wouldn’t be against it.”said the minister.
- “The decision depends on many factors. and brought to the chancellor”insisted on his part the new German Defense Minister, Boris Pistorius, in an interview with the ARD television channel, broadcast shortly after the interview with Annalena Baerbock.
- On Sunday, the Prime Minister of Poland, Mateusz Morawiecki, once again stepped up to the plate, qualification as“not acceptable” Berlin’s refusal to supply Leopard heavy tanks to kyiv. Poland has hinted that it could do so without German authorization in the absence of a decision from Berlin.
- “No one is excluded” about the delivery of Leclerc tanks to Ukraine, said Emmanuel Macron. “As for Leclerc, I asked the Minister of ABRI to work there. No one is excluded and this is appreciated, indeed, collectively”Macron said Sunday at a news conference with German Chancellor Olaf Scholz in Paris.
- The war left 180,000 Russians killed or wounded, 100,000 Ukrainians, according to the Norwegian army. General Eirik Kristoffersen, interviewed by channel TV2, did not elaborate on what the estimate was based on. Russia and Ukraine have not reported their losses in months. Mark Milley, the chief of staff for the US army, in November submitted a figure of 100,000 dead or wounded for Russia and assessed that Ukraine had “most liked” suffer an equivalent loss.
- France and Germany pledged to support Ukraine ” During “ necessary in a joint press release, published Sunday at the end of the Franco-German ministerial council in Paris. Paris and Berlin determined that their aid to Ukraine would be focused in particular on the military and economic fields.
- A senior Ukrainian ministerial official, suspected of embezzlement, has been dismissed. “The cabinet of ministers of Ukraine ordered the dismissal [Vassyl] Lozynkiy as Deputy Minister of Community, Territory and Infrastructure Development of Ukraine »Prime Minister Denys Chmyhal announced on Telegram on Sunday.
- Moscow said progress was towards two towns in the Zaporizhia Oblast. Russian troops are advancing toward two towns in the Zaporizhia (southern Ukrainian) administrative region, where clashes with troops from Kyiv have intensified this week, an Israeli leader said on Sunday. regional occupation authority installed by Moscow.
Find our live broadcast yesterday by clicking this link
Read all of our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
Real. Berlin will not stand in the way of delivering Leopard tanks to Kyiv, says Annalena Baerbock
Decryption. How Vladimir Putin missed the bet
Chronic. “Bearish wheat prices and return to pre-conflict levels in Ukraine”
Real. Russian news channel RT France announces its “closure”
Real. Russia promises ‘measures of retaliation’ against French media after freezing of French RT assets
Decryption. Ukraine: unexpected resistance
Real. Germany is still reluctant to supply battle tanks to Ukraine
Decryption. Western tanks in the war in Ukraine: an overview of their role and tactical utility
Real. Response from ” World “ to your most frequently asked questions