after the Russian bombardment of the Dnipro, the death toll rose as survivors were pulled out of the rubble
Cover image: CLODAGH KILCOYNE / REUTERS
- Attacks have been reported in several parts of Ukraine. Building bombing in Dnipro causing at least fourteen deaths and sixty injuries, announced the governor of the oblast. Several explosions were heard Saturday morning in Kyiv. Shootings were also reported in the oblast Kharkov, Zaporizhia and Mykolaiv. In the South, in Kryvyi Rih, one person was killed and another injured in the demolition of an apartment building caused by a strike.
- On the Dnipro, 72 apartments destroyed in a residential complex hit by Russian bombing. Between 100 and 200 people lost their homes. In total, counting peripheral damage, nearly 1,700 residents needed a roof to sleep last night according to Kyrylo Tymoshenko, deputy chief of staff of the Ukrainian presidency, presented by Kyiv Independent.
- The Russian attack also affected other cities but also the energy infrastructure in Kharkiv and Lviv, according to Ukrainian authorities. Power outages were decided in most areas after the last bombardment, said the energy minister. Overall, “the enemy carried out three airstrikes and about fifty missile launches during the day”said the staff of the Ukrainian army. “In addition, the occupiers launched 50 attacks with multiple rocket launchers”.
- Volodymyr Zelensky said on Saturday that “terror” Russia can only be stopped with weapons. In his daily update, Ukraine’s president denounced the Russian offensive, arguing that the only way to end it is to go to war “on the battlefield”. “What do you need for that? The weapon that is in the arsenal of our partners and which our soldiers are waiting for »he launched a formulated call to the attention of Ukraine’s Western allies.
- Soledar is “under control” Ukraine, according to a Ukrainian official. The small town of Soledar, in the east of the country, amid heavy fighting with Russian troops and which Moscow claims has captured, is still “under control” Ukraine, Governor of Donetsk Oblast Pavlo Kyrylenko said on Saturday, adding that this region and the nearby town of Bakhmout are “hottest” from the forehead.
- Britain promised to supply Challenger 2 to Ukraine. British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak said in a statement on Saturday that he had pledged to supply Challenger 2 tanks. “in the following weeks” 14 heavy tanks to Ukraine. The announcement caused Russian diplomacy to react, which assumed that this arms shipment would not be successful “in no way to hasten the end of military hostilities, but only to intensify it, causing new victims”.
- The United Nations (UN) Security Council met to discuss the situation in Ukraine on Friday. “Ukraine, Russia, the world cannot continue this war”urged UN Under Secretary General for Political Affairs Rosemary DiCarlo. But “It is the military logic that predominates, with very little room for dialogue at the moment, if there is even a hint of it”he added, not looking “no sign of the end of the battle”.
- NATO announced on Friday the deployment of Awacs reconnaissance aircraft in Romania from Tuesday, to support its strengthened presence in the region and “monitoring Russian military activity”.
Find our live broadcast yesterday by clicking this link.
Read all of our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
Investigation. In France, the pro-Russian media counterattacked
Interview. Andriy Yermak, Volodymyr Zelensky’s right-hand man: “It’s the Battle of Verdun of the 21st century taking place now”
Story. Five Russian refugees trapped in an airport terminal in South Korea
Real. NATO membership: Sweden is irritated by Ankara’s demands
Investigation. In the Arctic, the war in Ukraine changed the deck of the cards
Story. Defence: questions of the French general staff in dealing with American cyber operations in Europe
Decryption. Understanding the Battle of Soledar, a key in the Donbass, which Russia claims has taken
Real. Africa is still suffering from the war in Ukraine, according to the French Development Agency
Debate. Pierre Hassan: “The enemy of reconciliation is no longer a memory but a past concealment”
Investigation. The arduous search only for peace
Real. Response from ” World “ to your most frequently asked questions