Everything we already know about the iPhone 15 – Business AM
While we are a few months away from its presentation, the iPhone 15 has revealed many of its secrets through various leaks. So here’s everything we think we know about Apple’s next smartphone.
This year again, Apple has to offer us 4 versions of the iPhone 15but there may be a change of appointment.
- Thus, we will find a great bipartition of the standard model and the ultra high-end model, with iPhones 15 and 15 Plus and iPhone 15 Pro and 15 Pro Maxexcept the last one comes with a new name.
- Rumor has it that Apple is proposing a new name for its most advanced model. The latter could indeed inherit the same nomenclature as the new connected watch model, the Apple Watch Ultra, and will thus be referred to asiPhone 15Ultra.
By continuing in this way, the Cupertino company will ensure widens the gap between standard, premium, and ultra-premium models. A strategy that has been initiated last year since the iPhone 14 Pro Max benefits from a better photo module with greater magnification at the telephoto end and better stabilization for the wide-angle and ultra-wide-angle sensors.
The desire to widen this gap will also be reflected in prices.
- Rumor has it that the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone Ultra benefit from a processor engraved in 3 nm. The more expensive etching processes will offer major benefits to increase autonomy and that will be passed on to the price of the device.
For now, it’s not known how many of the top-of-the-range models will be upgraded. Other changes and improvements made may also improve ratings.
The iPhone 15, the first to benefit from a USB-C port?
Apple plans to comply with EU requirements by replacing the Lightning port with a “universal” port selected by the EU. The company has confirmed this, but this revolution could start this year.
- Hence, the guts of the iPhone will be reviewed, on both the standard and premium models, enough to add work to the engineers.
- These changes, which may be exclusive to models intended for the European market, may affect the price.
- Unless Apple turns its nose at the EU and releases a completely portless smartphone.
Disappearance of pimples
A project that also involves the absence of buttons, to have a 100% waterproof device. An aspect that could materialize this year.
- Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo does think that at least one version of the iPhone 15 doesn’t have physical buttons.
- They will be replaced by tactile spaces associated with haptic feedback.
Staying in design, there is also talk that Apple will integrate titanium into the iPhone Ultra, to make it more durable, which will again be felt at the price level.
Dynamic iPhone 15 and 15 Plus
The notch that was revised and improved last year on the iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max will be the first step on this year’s standard model.
- Apple seems to have managed to make this “pill” notch design acceptable, thanks to its Dynamic Island software layer which exploits this new format so well and is therefore keen to implement it across the range. .
Lastly, when it comes to the phone’s features, not much is known, except for sure it will be improved.
- Thus, the iPhone 15 Pro and Ultra will benefit from a new generation of processors, namely the A17 Bionic engraved in 3 nm, while the 15 and 15 Plus models will ship last year’s version, the A16 Bionic.
- The photo section will also be improved, via the periscope photo sensor, especially for the premium model once again.
We will obviously have to wait until September to know the official characteristics of the iPhone 15. In the meantime, new leaks and rumors will still reach us.