ARTMARKET.COM – Artmarket.com: Results you really need to know for 2022, according to Artprice – 01/12/2023 – 14:00.
” The Art Market may give the impression that it has broken all records again in 2022, but the number of lots sold at auction and its turnover have stabilized on a global scale. explains Thierry Ehrmann, President of Artmarket.com and Founder of Artprice.
The annual evolution of the results of the Fine Arts auction in France
Annual development of the results of the auction of Fine Arts in Germany
Companies Artprice.com and Artron.net are currently collaborating on the writing of the most comprehensive Art Market Report for 2022, thanks to the resulting auction sales of artwork recorded around the planet. This report will be published free online in English, French and Chinese on the occasion of TEFAF, in early March 2023.
In the meantime, Artprice has compiled a list of the 25 most spectacular results of 2022:
– The second most expensive painting in auction history (after Salvator Mundi by Leonardo da Vinci) for Andy Warhol
– The two most expensive photos of all time, for Man Ray and Edward Steichen
– The second most expensive print in the world (after Medianoche Swimming Pool David Hockney) for Pablo Picasso
– The second most expensive video installation (after No No, New Museum by Bruce Nauman) to David Hockney
– Three of the most expensive rugs in the world to be auctioned in 2022, for three pieces by Alighiero Boetti
COUNTRY & AUCTION HOUSE
– Record year for an American Auction House: over $7 billion in Fine Arts
– Record year for a painting at auction: over $10 billion sold worldwide
– Most expensive collection of all time: Paul G. Allen, with five proceeds for over $100 million
– Record year for the Auction House: $5.8 billion in Fine Arts for Christie’s worldwide
– Record years in EUR (but not in USD) for Fine Art auctions in France and Germany
– Record price for a work of art at a public auction in Germany, signed by Max Beckmann
– The record price for a work of art at a public auction in Japan, signed by Andy Warhol
– Record price for a work of art at a public auction in the Netherlands, signed Willem Gerard Hofker
– Record price for a work of art at a public auction in Italy, signed by Giorgio Morandi
RECORD BY NATIONALITY
– Historical record price for German artist: Lucian Freud
– Austria: Gustave Klimt
– Belgium: René Magritte
– America: Andy Warhol
– France: Georges Seurat (if we consider that Pablo Picasso was Spanish)
– India: Vasudeo S. Gaitonde www.artprice.com/artist/124653/vasudeo-s-gaitonde/painting/26076759/untitled
– Luxembourg: Edward Steichen
– Nigeria: Njideka Akunyili Crosby
– Netherlands: Vincent Van Gogh www.artprice.com/artist/11598/vincent-gogh-van/painting/28444389/orchard-with-cypres
– Sudan: Ibrahim El Salahi
– Record for a female painter under 30: Anna Weyant
Taking pictures: [https://imgpublic.artprice.com/img/wp/sites/11/2023/01/image1-france-turnover.png]
Copyright 1987-2023 Thierry Ehrmann www.artprice.com – www.artmarket.com
Artmarket.com is listed on the Eurolist by Euronext Paris, long SRD and Euroclear only: 7478 – Bloomberg: PRC – Reuters: ARTF.
Find Artmarket with the Artprice department in the video:https://fr.artprice.com/video
Artmarket with the Artprice department was founded in 1997 by Thierry Ehrmann, its CEO. They are controlled by the Server Group which was created in 1987. View certified biography Who’s Who In France©:
Artmarket is a global player in the Art Market with, among other things, its Artprice department, which is a world leader in Art citation and index databases with over 30 million indexes and sales results covering over 800,000 Artists.
Artprice by Artmarket, the world leader in art market information, has set its own ambition, through its Standard Market, to become the world’s leading Fine Arts NFT platform.
Artprice Images® provides unrestricted access to the world’s largest collection of Art Markets, a library of 180 million images or engravings of artwork from 1700 to the present that are commented on by historians.
Artmarket with its Artprice department, continues to enrich its database of 6,400 Auction Houses and continues to publish Art Market trends for major agencies and 7,200 press titles worldwide. Artmarket.com makes available to its 7.2 million members (member login/RS) advertisements posted by its Members, which is now the first Standard Market in the world to buy and sell works of Art at a fixed price or by auction (auction governed by clauses 2 and 3). article L 321.3 KUHD).
Artmarket with its Artprice department, has the country label “Innovative Company” awarded by the Public Investment Bank (BPI), for the second time in November 2018.
Artprice Ultra-Contemporary Art Market Report 2022 by Artmarket.com:
Artprice half-year report 2022: Art Markets are back with strong growth in the West:
The 2021 Annual Global Art Market Report published in March 2022 by Artprice by Artmarket:
Artmarket press release summary with Artprice department: https://serveur.serveur.com/Press_Release/pressreleaseFR.htm
Follow all the Art Market news in real time
with Artmarket and the Artprice department on Facebook and Twitter:
https://fr-fr.facebook.com/artpriceotcom/ (over 5.9 million subscribers)
Discover the alchemy and universe of Artmarket and its Artprice department: https://fr.artprice.com/video headquartered in the Museum of Contemporary Art Abode of Chaos according to The New York Times / La Demeure of Chaos:
https://www.facebook.com/la.demeure.du.chaos.theabodeofchaos999 (over 4 million subscribers)
L’Obs – Museum of the Future: https://youtu.be/29LXBPJrs-o