Bayonetta 3: big update makes the game easier
The New Adventures of the Umbra Witch, released in October 2022, does not represent the end of the series, far from it. Bayonetta will live on through a prequel, Cereza and the Lost Demon, and a possible fourth installment. Meanwhile, the third iteration is getting a major update that could be contentious.
Satan must be worried
Granted, that statement was a bit of an exaggeration, but challenge video game fans are still affected by this patch. Indeed, apart from gameplay tweaks with Viola and some fixes, the update drastically lowered the difficulty of Niflheim’s challenges. But be warned, not everyone is affected. More precisely, seven of them have modifications aimed at reducing difficulty. A risky change that can make even tough trial fans cringe. That has been said, another surprise is hiding behind the 1.2.0 update.
Indeed, a hidden demo of a future spin-off can be found in Bayonetta 3. So far, nothing new, but the conditions for unlocking it have changed. Previously, you had to find three small, well-hidden keys to access the Old Picture Book. Now just wait to gain access to the Gates of Hell and poof, mission accomplishedYou can try your hand at the next title in the franchise.
Here are the rest of the most prominent changes from the patch notes:
- Customized Viola activation window for “Block” and “Witch Time” activation conditions.
- Added block activation window after releasing block (during release animation).
- Added additional animation when “Witch Time” takes effect, making it easier to activate.
- The allocated duration for “Wizard Time”, and its activation window has been extended.
- Now when the block is activated when the player is attacked, the player will receive a damage effect, but the block will succeed and activate “Witch Time”.
- Now combos can be continued (with dodge shift) when the player uses Block to activate “Witch Time”.
- If the Block input is used repeatedly, the duration of the given “Wizard Time” will decrease.
- Adjustments have been made to prevent Viola’s evasion input and Chouchou’s summon input from activating the Wink Slave while retaining immunity if used consecutively.
- Weapons “Simoon”, “Tartarus”, and Viola’s charge attacks can now continue to attack, even if dodged or blocked.
- “Wink Slave” can now be activated with the “PKP” and “PKK” combo for the “G-Pillar”, “Dead End Express”, and “Cassiopeia” weapons.
When equipping the “Infernal Communicator” and “Pulley’s Butterfly” accessories to summon demons and butterflies, it is now possible to cancel summoning moves by dodging or blocking.
The conditions for the following Niflheim stages have been changed to reduce difficulty:
|Niflheim scene||Amended Terms|
|Chapter 2 Verse 5（Relax to Expert）||Changed the 120 second timeout to a 150 second timeout|
|Chapter 3 Verse 4（Relax to Expert）||Two lives add up to three lives|
|Chapter 5 Verse 2 (relax to expert)||Changed the 150 second timeout to a 180 second timeout|
|Chapter 6 verse 8 (relax to expert)||Two lives add up to three lives|
|Chapter 9 Verse 8 (relax to expert)||The 60 second time limit was changed to an 80 second time limit|
|Chapter 10 Verse 1 (relax to expert)||Changed the 140 second timeout to a 160 second timeout|
|Chapter 12 Verse 5 (relax to the expert)||One life increased to two lives|
- Adjustments have been made to the Golem treasure chests found gradually.
- The time limit has been increased and the difficulty has been reduced.
- Golem’s chest fragmentation animation can now be sped up with the B button.
- Adjustments have been made to reduce poor camera visibility situations.
- Adjusted game balance.