SIRHA Lyon, the global meeting place for world food services
France Pizza invites you to Sirha Lyon: invitation code PPFRP. This a major catering and food event, will be open from 19 to 23 January at Eurexpo Lyon. This 21st edition, which celebrates the 40th anniversary of the event, will be an opportunity to discover the changes and innovations driving this sector.
In Europe, summer 2022 was bright for the restaurant, hotel, food and tourism sector. In France, the overwhelmingly positive figures once again reaffirm the revival of the entire sector, which has been heavily impacted over the past two years.
- The hotel and catering industry saw a +26% increase in bookings in France2
- Out-of-home catering: +11% visits and +17% expenses3
- 25 million foreign tourists in France this summer,
for revenue of 15 billion euros4
- French cuisine is the most popular: 40%5
At the same time, catering and food professionals are the first witnesses to another reality
and faced many problems: labor shortages, inflation, exploding raw material prices…
Located at the heart of all the attention of the sector and closer to the professionals for 40 years, Sirha Lyon, part of Sirha Food in the GL event group, returns from Thursday 19 to Monday 23 January 2023 to support major movements affecting the Food Service industry. On programme: the largest global Foodservice offering in terms of products, equipment and services for commercial and independent catering.
5 days of meetings and business between economic and innovation actors.
SIRHA LYON, a strong and international economic lever
“Sirha Lyon is a powerful international economic tool. At each edition, we welcome hundreds of decision-makers from around the world, whether at the exhibitor bidding level, on the event stage or in the show aisle.” comment Olivier GinonChairman and Chief Executive Officer of the GL events group.
• 13,789m2 international exhibitors (i.e. 22% of the total area), nearly 300 booths and 14 pavilions (Italy, Spain, Belgium, Greece, Japan, Overseas) for a total 27 countries represented.
New for 2023: the Saudi pavilion takes place for the first time in Sirha
- Among the visitors: 52% are decision makers*
- 4,000 exhibitors and brands expected at 140,000 m2
- 94% Sirha Lyon already marketed (end of September), i.e. 1,565 exhibitors excluding brands, and an average area of 40m2 per exhibitor
*Sirha Lyon figures 2021
“A true reflection of dynamism
sector, in France and abroad, Sirha Lyon is a meeting place for Foodservice players and experts where exhibitors and visitors meet to create business opportunities, rethinking their offerings to adapt them to consumer expectations.” stated Luc DubanchetDirector of Sirha Food and Sirha Lyon, at the GL event.
THE 2023 EDITION IS BUILT AROUND 5 BIG SIRHA DYNAMICS
To reflect the tensions and movements of the entire industry, Sirha Lyon has created five Sirha dynamicsfor so many food prospects and concerns.
- #1 Technology (for better balance between Human and nature)
- #2 Consume less but better
- #3 Human welfare
- #4 Increased human creativity (knowledge preservation)
- #5 The dream of modernity and escape
These 5 Sirha Dynamics mark the programming of Sirha Lyon’s new stage: Sirha Food Forum.
As an innovation platform, Sirha Lyon encourages new Foodservice entrepreneurs:
• Sirha Innovation Award : 12 prizes rewarded the innovation of the exhibitors
• Beginner Village that brought together 30 start-ups
- Future Food Initiative : highlights 5 French “food entrepreneurs”.
3 MAJOR INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIONS
Representing all sectors, Sirha Lyon organizes 3 leading international competitions for the catering profession:
- The International Catering Cup honors 24 butchers, delicatessens, caterers
- The World Pastry Cup brings together 20 teams consisting of 3 pastry chefs, a chocolate maker and an ice cream maker
- Bocuse d’Or brings together 24 chefs from many countries
In total, 108 candidates from 56 countries took turns for 5 days on the Sirha Lyon competition stage. A unique opportunity to promote national knowledge from around the world and present the challenges of each of the food professions.
Sirha Food, the factory of the future: Inspire the world of hospitality and Food Service, be at the forefront of influence, understand the changing world, report on it to better support the market and its players, such is the mission of SIRHA FOOD. A new umbrella brand and new global medium, Sirha Food is aimed at both professionals and the general public and brings together the entire Food Service through its events, including the Sirha Lyon and Sirha Europain trade fairs, the Omnivore festival, and the Bocuse d’ Gold and Baking World Cups. Because the world of food today can only be seen in terms of porosity, in areas that move and live.